Identity management: a primer
By: Williamson, Graham.
Contributor(s): Yip, David | Sharoni, Ilan | Spaulding, Kent.Publisher: Lewisville Mc Press 2009Description: x, 220 p.ISBN: 9781583470930.Subject(s): Computer networks - Security measures | Computers - Access control | Computer securityDDC classification: 005.8 Summary: In an age in which the boundaries between the real and the virtual are becoming increasingly blurred, this timely guide teaches both the key issues of identity management as well as appropriate strategies and preventative measures for ensuring personal safety in the virtual world. In a corporate setting, it is essential to identify and control the way in which the organization deals with customers, suppliers, employees, and other users who may interact with the information systems of the company. Providing strategies for overcoming this task in real-world terms as well as questions that assist. (https://www.mc-store.com/search?q=9781583470930)
|Item type||Current location||Item location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Vikram Sarabhai Library||Slot 98 (0 Floor, West Wing)||Non-fiction||005.8 W4I2 (Browse shelf)||Available||192233|
Browsing Vikram Sarabhai Library Shelves , Collection code: Non-fiction Close shelf browser
|005.8 S6E5 Elementary information security||005.8 S8C4-2015 CISSP certified information systems security professional official study guide||005.8 T6M3 Mechanics of user identification and authentication: fundamentals of identity management||005.8 W4I2 Identity management: a primer||005.80922 L3H2 Hackers: heroes of the computer revolution||005.82 B2S3 Secret history: the story of cryptology||005.82 C8B7 Brute force: cracking the data encryption standard|
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 – Identity:
1. What Are the Components of a Person's Identity?
2. So Where Does Privacy Fit In?
3. Where Do Roles Fit Into the Concept of an Identity?
4. Can I Have Multiple Identities in an Identity Management Environment?;
5. Discussion Questions
6. Case Study
Chapter 2 - Managing Identities and Identity Stores:
7. Identities and User Accounts
8. What Is an Identity Store?
9. Why Multiple Stores Are a Fact of Life
10. Strategies for Multiple-Store Environments; Managing Roles
11. Role Modeling
12. Delegated Administration and Self-ServiceDiscussion Questions
13. Case Study
Chapter 3 – Directories:
14. Schemas and Namespace Planning
15. The Power of a DIT
16. Issues to Be Aware Of
17. Authoritative Sources
18. Directory and Database Design
19. Virtual Directory
20. The "M" Word
21. Selecting a Configuration
22. Discussion Questions
23. Case Study
Chapter 4 - Authentication and Access Control:
24. Methods of Authentication
25. Levels of Authentication
26. Authentication Assurance Levels
27. Registration Assurance Levels
28. Access Control
29. Discussion Questions
30. Case Study
Chapter 5 – Provisioning:
31. The Mark of a Robust Process
32. Zero-day StartBusiness System Issues
34. The Role of Roles
35. The Benefits of Roles
36. Automating a Provisioning System
37. Sequential and Parallel Authorization
38. Discussion Questions
39. Case Study
Chapter 6 - Role-Based Access Control:
40. So What Is RBAC?
41. Why Is RBAC Important?
42. How Should RBAC Be Implemented?
43. Role Discovery
44. A Word of Caution
45. Discussion Questions; Case Study
Chapter 7 - Single Sign-on and Federated Authentication:
46. Single Sign-on for the Enterprise
47. Web SSO; Federated Authentication
48. Discussion Questions
49. Case Study
Chapter 8 - Governance, Risk, and Compliance:
50. HR Pattern-based Auditing Pattern Reporting
51. Business Policies (IT Controls and SoD Rules
52. Best Practices for System Cleansing and Auditing
53. Sample Graphs
54. Federated Authentication Auditing
55. Discussion Questions
56. Case Study
Chapter 9 - Implementation and Roadmap:
57. Getting Started
58. Setting Out; Physical Implementation
59. Typical Project Structure
60. Sample Roadmap
61. Navigating the Political Landscape
63. Discussion Questions
64. Case Study
Chapter 10 - Public Key Infrastructure:
65. Why Do We Need PKI?
66. How Does PKI Work?
67. How Is PKI Used?
68. The Components
69. Key Generation
70. Certificate Management
71. Certificate IssuesImplementation Considerations
72. A Final Comment
73. Discussion Questions
74. Case Study
Chapter 11 - Electronic Identity Smartcards :
78. Deployment Issues
79. An Ideal Platform
80. Discussion Questions
81. Case Study
In an age in which the boundaries between the real and the virtual are becoming increasingly blurred, this timely guide teaches both the key issues of identity management as well as appropriate strategies and preventative measures for ensuring personal safety in the virtual world. In a corporate setting, it is essential to identify and control the way in which the organization deals with customers, suppliers, employees, and other users who may interact with the information systems of the company. Providing strategies for overcoming this task in real-world terms as well as questions that assist.