Space, place, and environment
Contributor(s): Skelton, Tracey [Editor in chief] | Nairn, Karen [Editor] | Kraftl, Peter [Editor].Material type: BookSeries: Geographies of children and young people, (Vol.3). Publisher: Singapore Springer Reference 2016Description: xxiii, 566 p.ISBN: 9789812870438.Subject(s): Social groups | Geographical perception in children | Social sciences | Sociology | Adolescence | Children | Human geographyDDC classification: 304.2 Summary: This multi-volume, major reference work serves as a comprehensive resource on children's and young people's geographies. It speaks to a wide audience, from geographers to sociologists, demographers to social workers and policy makers to development agencies http://link.springer.com/referencework/10.1007%2F978-981-4585-90-3
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Vikram Sarabhai Library On Display||Non Fiction||304.2 S7 (Browse shelf)||Available||194216|
Table of Contents:
1. Can School Gardens Deepen Children's Connection to Nature?
2. Engaging Young People in Climate Change and Sustainability Trails: Local Geographies for Global Insights.
3. Play and Learning Outdoors: Engaging with the Natural World using Forest School in the UK.
4. Posthumanist Approaches to Children's Environmental Education: Theorizing Human-Animal Relations.
5. Youth Discourses of Sustainability in Denpasar, Bali.
6. Active Urban Children.-
7. Parkour, Activism and Young People.
8. Rangatahi Maori and Identity in Facebook.
9. The Role of Affect and Emotion in Children's Place-making.
10. A Review of Research on Bedroom Culture.
11. Geographies of Sleep Among Brazilian Street Youth.
12. New Spaces, Blurred Boundaries, and Embodied Performances on Facebook.
13. The Bedroom: A Missing Space within Geographies of Children and Young People.-
14. Border Spaces: Geographies of Youth Exclusion, Inclusion and Liminality.
15. Children and Youth at the Border: Agency, Identity and Belonging.
16. Children's Rights and Mobility at the Border.
17. Young People's Rights to Recreate Spaces and Reimagine Borders.-
18. Children's Neighbourhoods: Places of Play or Spaces of Fear?
19. Living in the Majority World: Children and Young People in Changing Urban Environments.
20. Physical and Virtual Public Spaces for Youth: The Importance of Claiming Spaces in Lima, Peru.
21. Rural Youth: Mobilities, Marginalities and Negotiations.
22. Teenagers' Sense of Neighborhood in Barcelona.
23. The Role of Common Spaces in the Lives of Children Living in Urban Poor Settlements in India.
24. Young People's Representations of Urban Space.
25. Geographies of Indigenous Children and Youth: A Critical Review Grounded in Spaces of the Colonial Nation State.
26. Global Cities and Young People: Teenagers' Citizenship in Singapore.
27. Maori Young People, Nationhood and Land.
28. Slipping as a Socio-spatial Negotiation: Teenagers and Risky Landscapes
This multi-volume, major reference work serves as a comprehensive resource on children's and young people's geographies. It speaks to a wide audience, from geographers to sociologists, demographers to social workers and policy makers to development agencies