|Item type||Current location||Item location||Collection||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||Vikram Sarabhai Library||Slot 2401 (3 Floor, East Wing)||Non-fiction||923.254 M6 (Browse shelf)||Available||190328|
Table of contents:
1. India: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow - Meghnad Desai, Economist
2. South Asia’s Quest for a Future - Mushahid Hussain Syed, Senator of the Pakistan Senate
3. Empowered Farmers Lead to a Prosperous Nation - APJ Adbul Kalam, Former President of India
4. The Power of Compassion - His Holiness the Dalai Lama, India’s Vision of Peace, Security and Development in South Asia
5. India’s Vision of Peace, Security and Development in South Asia - Shashi Tharoor, Former Minister of State for External Affairs
6. Global Crisis and Indian Response - Sitaram Yechury, Member, Polit Bureau, CPI (M)
7. Future Direction for SC/ST Community in the Industrial Development - Jamshed J. Irani, Director, Tata Sons and Chairman, Board of Governors of IIM Lucknow
8. Forging a Radical Centre: A Response to Extremism and Intolerance - Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs (Sri Lanka)
9. Taking India Forward - Rahul Bajaj, Chairman, Bajaj Auto Ltd.
10. India and Islam - K. Natwar Singh, Former Minister of External Affairs, Government of India
11. The Role of the Election Commission in India’s Political System - Manohar Singh Gill, Former Chief Election Commissioner of India
12. The Seven Sisters of South Asia: Where are They Going? - Lakshman Kadirgamar, The then Advisor to President of Sri Lanka
13. Nepal-India Relations: A Vision for the 21st Century - Krishna Prasad Bhattarai, Former Prime Minister of Nepal
14. Shastriji’s Vision of Rural India - V. Kurien, Former Chairman, Institute of Rural Management, Anand, Gujarat
15. The Crown and the President: Constitutional Conventions - R. Venkataraman, Former President of India
16. Pluralism and Governance—The Challenges for South Asia - Godfrey Gunatilleke, Chairman Marga Institute, Colombo, Sri Lanka
17. Securing India’s Future - K.C. Pant, Former Defence Minister
Modern Thought Leaders: Lal Bahadur Shastri Memorial Lectures is a collection of memorial lectures that are organized every year on the death anniversary of late Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri to keep his vision for better India alive. The compilation is a collaborative effort with contributions from many eminent professionals, scientists, economists as well as social leaders. Extremely inspiring, insightful and thought provoking, the book provides view of opinion leaders who are also instrumental in driving the India growth story.
The book provides invaluable insights into the DNA of Indian business leadership, which is shaping the country’s growth and offers an engaging look into the unique qualities of Shastriji and how those qualities can be exported worldwide to create excellence well beyond India.